Friday, September 30, 2011

Los Dominicos (Photo-heavy)

I've started a new teaching gig on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  It's in Los Dominicos, an area on the far west side of Santiago.  So far, in fact, that the town starts to creep into the foothills of the mountains.  It's really a fantastic view from the area.  Here are a few shots from the trip out there:
 Looking up at the hill from where I get off the metro.  I travel all the way to the end of Linea 1 to get here.

Looking back from where the last photo was taken.  Clearly, it's considerably less dense out here.

 After a 15 min bus ride, I'm left with a little walk to the campus.  I'm walking past the building on the left, and this is looking up into the hills here.  You can see the soccer stadium close to the campus from here.

 Looking the other direction.  Santiago is off to the left in this picture, we're in the northwest suburbs, surrounded by cerros (hills, between "loma" and "montana")

This is a shot of the building I teach in.  It's actually a very good (expensive) university.  I'm not teaching the students, but I give classes to the faculty there.  Most of the students here look like me - blue eyes and not black hair.  It's kind of nice to blend in somewhere.


 A shot of leaving the campus at night.  We're overlooking the northwest suburbs again, with Santiago somewhere in the direction of the sunset.

And here are the northwest suburbs.  It's actually a really pretty view at night - my camera isn't doing it justice.

Also, I noticed this morning on our little laundry balcony, we have a new visitor:
This pot is over head-height, so I couldn't see what was in it.  I'm wondering if it's her nest though - I was ridiculously close to her to take this picture.  The camera was within 3 feet of her.

1 comment: