Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Potpourri #4

I received a bunch of birthday letters today - thank you very much to those who sent them.  I also received an official notice from the Chilean Government saying they received my visa application.  The letter itself was dated 02-Sep-2011.  A letter from the Chilean Government takes 3+ weeks to travel about 20 blocks.  This does not bode well for the Chilean postal service.

As I was doing some ironing yesterday, I noticed a certain message on the bottom of the spray bottle.  Either there is a great plant in Michigan for special needs adults, or these Chileans have a very low opinion of people from the hand-state.
"This spray bottle was proudly assembled by mentally and physically challenged people in Michigan."


I've offically mastered the teacher-style sleeve roll.  The trick is, you roll the cuff over once, and then roll that part over once again so the cuff is completely covered by sleeve.  It works great as a teacher because: 1) you can always see your watch, and thus know how much time is left in class. 2) if you go to write on the board, the rolled-up part comes neatly up to your elbow, instead of pulling your shirt out of place.  And 3) because it says "I'm casual, but I'm ready to fight if I have to."

This is often the type of lunch I get at the office.  It costs about 4 USD, and it's often quite good.  Today, they had a "pepto-bismol pudding cup" for dessert.


Also, this is why I hate scrabble:

1 comment: