Monday, October 17, 2011

Potpourri #5

Today in class we were discussing a "business proposal" as a group project.  Each group was assigned a radio station program that they needed to overhaul, and explain their choices for why they wanted to use the new parts as they did.  The second group that presented was given a "morning business update" radio program that needed to be more in tune with what people wanted to listen to in the mornings.  The leader of the group stood up and told us that the program was now to include a traffic/weather update, a new, younger male host, and high-profile business interviews.  He began to sit down, as if he was done with his presentation, when another member of the group said "Don't forget the sexy boys!"
 
"...what?"

"Yes, the sexy boys is very important.  Otherwise people will not listen to our show."

(...Enter a good 15 second pregnant pause in the room.)

Finally I had to break it.  "So Ivan, tell me, why would you need sexy boys on your radio program?"

"Nooo, a sexy VOICE.  VOICE."

"Ohhhhhh."  We all had a good laugh after that.  Plus, I was equally relieved that my teaching was not accidentally forming the minds of aspiring business pedophiles in Chile.

****************
My little bird friends have flown the coup.  I planned to do something of a video-flipbook of their development, but it only ended up being 3 pictures before they all flew away.  Once they were old enough to fly, the mother didn't stick around once I stepped outside.  I tried to take a picture 2 days ago, and the last little bird flew the coop as soon as the patio door opened.  I haven't seen them since.  And judging from the amount of pictures and time we spent out there, I have a feeling the mother won't be laying eggs there again anytime soon.

Here's the last shot of the birds:
If you examine, you can see their wings appear almost functional in this picture.  That's because they are.

I was also able to cash my most recent check from work with relative ease.  And by relative ease, I mean a 5 minute walk from my office, another 5 minute wait in line, a robust 90 second check processing procedure, and another 2 seconds to have the cash handed to me.  If you count that all up, that's a 11 min, 32 second procedure.  Not to brag, but I just bested my best check cashing time by 4 days, 11 hours, 48 mins, and 28 seconds.  When's the last time you cut that much off of your personal best?

The mountains around me are all quickly losing their snow, which means it's time to start making plans to scale each of them.  Or at least the tallest one to the west, it taunts me every day.  I took my camera that way at one point last week in the morning, and this is the shot that came out of it.
Pretty cool, right?

Also, I don't know if I've ever mentioned it on this blog, but I have yet to go a day without hearing at least one car alarm go off.  The average is probably 4-5 a day.  And I don't mean to be cruel, but for half of these cars with alarms going off - it would be a favor to the owner if the car was stolen.

And finally - for those Sportscenter fans out there:

No comments:

Post a Comment